Tuesday 28 January 2014

Finding/Sourcing Images

The images that I needed for the posters need to be royalty free. The National Trust has got its own website which is specifically for images (www.nationaltrustimages.org.uk)


So I knew what the situation was regarding using images from the National Trust, I used the email on the website to find out.

I found out that because I am doing a project by the National Trust then I would be allowed to use any images that I wanted free of charge as long as I credited the image that I was using. I decided to register on this page, before I started using and finding the images. This National Trust images website, I found was really easy and clear to use and I was surprised as to the amount of images that were available to use.



The filter button made looking for specific images really easy and also saved a lot of time especially when I knew what I was looking for.


I have taken a screen shot which shows once I’ve found the image that I wanted, where I get the name to credit the photo as well as how I download and get the image.



The images from the National Trust will be used to go inside the keyhole. Alternatively if I can’t find all the images for the keyhole that I need on this site, then I will be getting them from istock (http://www.istockphoto.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment