Tuesday 29 October 2013

Research/ Graphic Style


When it came to deciding on the graphic style that I wanted to use, I wasn't overly sure as to how I wanted it to look. 
The first thing that I did was find out the age that the book is targeted for; to find this out I went on the publisher's (Walker) website. On having a look on the site, I found out that the age for the book is 4+.


http://www.walker.co.uk/Who-s-That-Banging-on-the-Ceiling-9781406347364.aspx


After finding this out, I then went on to have a look at existing books for the age group, and I did this on the WH Smith website.


http://www.whsmith.co.uk/dept/books-fiction-75759/home?filters=&hierarchyPath=/3/ TOP_NAVIGATION/wc_dept_books/wc_dept_books_childrens_01540/ wc_dept_books_fiction_75759&page=1&results=60&sort=asc_bestSellerRanking


From having a look through the website and at the covers which I have picked out, I found that there wasnʼt that many books which used block colour, but instead used shadows and had a lot of detail in the drawings. This got me thinking about how I wanted my images to look as one of my initial thoughts was that I wanted it block and bright, but having had a look at the drawings on these books Iʼm changing my mind with the style and thinking that I am going with using drop shadow and gradients; to give my images more detail.





No comments:

Post a Comment