Monday 19 May 2014

Progress

During the weekend, I have been in contact with the group through Facebook and email.



This is the first poster which I sent the group for feedback. Thinking about the OFF posters, I tried having the title with the opacity turned down over the top of the main image. The OFF posters also had the other information turned on its side, which I tried here. I also got rid of the background as well.


 


I then tried different positioning of the title, as well as having the background back.


This is the feedback that I got from sending the four different layouts.



Based on the feedback I changed the positioning of the title. I also moved the text with the date and location so that it was horizontal and sat along the bottom of the page.


This is again the feedback that I got back.


 


I found that duplicating the layers of the text made the it brighter and slightly thicker as well which made it stand out more.

During our meeting today, we caught up on what we've been up to. We looked at the video and discussed it as well as the poster I had been working on. We spent quite a bit of time playing around with positioning for the text.


This was our starting point today. We selected the layer of the photo, and changed the curves on it to make it lighter, and I think that it looks really good.




We then tried the text at the bottom of the page in the space in the cabinet. The layers of the text were duplicated to make the text stand out more. After discussing it and agreeing to stick to this position for the text, we then went on to think about the background. We quickly tried a black background to see what it would look like. 


This is the result of the background, and we were really pleased with the outcome. Finally after doing this we then started the discussion for the A4 poster. Mark had an idea about lining up the bottles, which would make it a landscape poster. He said that he would take the relevant photographs for it as he has all the bits and would email when he had done it.

No comments:

Post a Comment