Tuesday 13 May 2014

Cake

When we weren't at college, we were constantly communicating through Facebook and emailing with ideas and thoughts.

Maribel was kind enough to email me the files with the images that she was using, so that I could make tweaks and come up with own interpretation. 



These were two of the posters which was in the folder that she sent. The poster on the left was the one I wanted to tweak the most and I redrew it using Illustrator.


I found an image of a plate of cupcakes and traced them. I then filled it with a brown cake looking colour. The bottom of the cakes is made up of two layers, the bottom layer is the same colour as the top of the cake. The top layer is white with the opacity turned down to about 45%, I did this to make it look as though the cake is in a case. I used a pink colour as part of the icing for the cake and white and blue for sprinkles. I used the font which Maribel had sent, which was Bubblegum. I also used the icons which she sent, however I did change the cake icon so that was similar to one of the cakes on the plate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment